"I design my life myself" - sharing my experience from Yoga Day session

I have often whined about my unfulfilled life to a higher force, having full faith that one day it will have pity on me and change it. It’s not that I never had happy, contented moments but they never seem to last long. I just can’t seem to hold onto them for a long time. Whereas the not so good events of my life made sure to haunt me for months or years at a stretch.
To keep my mind off from disturbing and dull life thoughts I decided to indulge in some good reads.

During my visit to office library, I chanced upon a self help book. After skimming through first few pages, I bought it home. The book detailed out tips and tricks to improve work, how to climb up in life. But somehow it just seemed possible only in the book and not applicable in my real life. I was back to square one this urge to change life and then giving up altogether went on for some time, ultimately sinking deep into a place of no return and accepting the life God has given me.
  After this phase, only one question remained why did God plan such a life for me? Why am I not happy with his plans?

About 6 months back, I joined TCS, Belgium hoping to find better opportunities and hoping to work in better environment. Luckily I was placed among genuinely awesome people. I never imagined office colleagues can actually be such good influence on one’s life. After little bit of adjustment to the new culture, I am basking in the new work and culture.
Here I was forced into a Yoda Day session cum training called Personal Excellence. The contents of which were kept highly confidential!!

An extensive session eating away my Sunday morning! How on earth am I going to manage that? After my senior colleague’s persuasion, I decided to give it a shot. The training venue and time were shared and finally the day arrived: July 21st, 2019.

During the training, I was bowled over by the extravagant arrangement. The venue, food and ambience were at par excellence. But the real gem was the session content. It was key to unlock closed doors to my unfulfilled life.
The key was: God never planned my life!!!! It was me all the time. I am the architect of my own life.
I finally realized, my dissatisfaction is because I was feeling powerless to control my own life. I always laid that task on God instead of owning it.

After analysing my past events it dawned upon me, whatever happened or is happening in my life is because I have strongly desired of them and have worked towards them. This session also happened because I had an internal urge to change my life. I failed at certain things because I had doubts in my mind about them. I achieved few things because I was confident I will accomplish it easily. Its all in our mind!
And as our coach puts it: Always raise your thermostat. We achieve things in life as per our thermostat.
Without this fundamental principle no tips and tricks will ever help to rise high in life.

My humble request to all of you out there, if you have been trying to change your life, first reflect upon your current state of thoughts and then align them with the change you are looking forward to.




Wish you Good Luck and wait for my next blog :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buxwaha Jungles, India | Deforestation | Climate Change | Diamonds | Is Aditya Birla Group's desire for more profit actual culprit ?

Save Lakshdweep! Extreme Bad governance by Centre (BJP) Govt.

BJP rejoice 3rd anniversary of GST's unsuccessful Implementation